Wednesday, February 24, 2010

TShirts & Socials

My life, training-wise. (Of course there is a lot of other stuff going on too... but... you know.)

Yesterday I did the 30 minutes with intervals up to 8.0. Perhaps one day I will be a fast runner.

Also yesterday, I got one of the Team in Training emails announcing the highest fundraisers thus far, and someone on my team was mentioned, but when I checked her fundraising page, I realized I have actually raised more so far (right now I'm at $1725). But! Tonight at the Team in Training social I received the credit where it was due with an announcement of my name and a giant bright green tshirt. I knew I was doing pretty well with the fundraising, but I didn't realize that I was ahead of everyone else for the San Diego Marathon :) It's definitely brought out the competitive side in me, wanting me to raise more and more and more :) Just like when I went to the first information meeting for Team in Training- I won a tshirt then too by listing the most names of people I know. Which was a good feeling, even though I will never be able to wear said tshirt because I could probably fit three or four of me inside it.

Anyway! The social tonight was nice. It was at the Post Office Cafe in Babylon. I'm slowly starting to get to know more people who are also making themselves suffer through training.

Didn't have enough time to fit in all of my 50 minutes of cross training today :( Pretty much went to the social right after work, and was cramming in finishing as many letteres to send out as possible. (I've finished 72 so far... at least 28 more to go.) But! I intend to tack on the extra cross training time to my 30 minute run tomorrow, and I'm also hoping the impending winter storm doesn't conflict with my training tomorrow :-/

Things will be better once spring comes, I hope. All this cold wet stuff will just melt away and I'll finally be able to feel warm again and...

No comments:

Post a Comment