Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Novel & A Marathon.

Wednesdays are cross training days on my training schedule. Today's date called for 40 minutes of it, so I did a plethora of DVD workouts, a nice mix of weight training, cardio, and ab exercises... and, ok, I ended up going longer than 40 minutes. After being such a gym addict, it's hard for me to stick to these shorter sessions and feel like I'm getting enough of a workout. And then if I feel like I haven't worked out enough, I start feeling bad. OK... maybe a deeper issue here... moving on.

I've set another goal for myself on top of this marathon. (HA! As if training for a marathon is not enough!) I'm aiming to finish my second novel manuscript by June 7th (the day after the marathon.) That way I can start querying agents that week after I'm doing with all the marathon hoopla. So, can Diana Caporaso finish a novel and a marathon in a little over four months? I guess we shall see.

I'm just kind of in this dark place in my life right now, and setting these crazy high goals for myself... well, it's somewhat keeping me busy. And when you're busy- concentrating on making it to that next mile, or figuring out how you're going to raise another 1400 dollars, or in the writing zone with fictional characters- well, it leaves very little space in your head for all the things you don't want to be thinking about.

So here goes. A novel and a marathon. How far can I push myself? I'm putting it in writing for the whole world to see, so there's no going back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment