Sunday, February 14, 2010

Repeatedly Breaking Personal Records.

So it did turn out to be a really good running day for me!! After an awesome session with a client at Lucille Roberts, I headed over to Planet Fitness where I ran six miles on the treadmill and then the time limit on the machine kicked in, so I did half an hour of weight work and then ran another two miles for a grand total of eight miles. Eight miles in one day, that's a new record for me!

I guess one of the things about training for a marathon is that in doing so you are repeatedly breaking new personal records for yourself.

My feet are pretty blistered and the middle toe on my right foot is kind of black and blue for some reason, but otherwise, I'm doing fine. I'm hoping the Team in Training shoe clinic on Saturday will help me find a better pair of sneakers and solve this problem.

As much as life can suck in other areas, at least there's this, and I'm going to try to focus on it and make myself better as much as I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment