Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Stubborn Numbers

Sixteen miles. Sixteen miles! Sixteen miles.

That's what I did on Saturday. I suppose that I haven't updated until now because it's taken me that long to recover from it.

I also officially met my fund raising goal yesterday!!! I'm even a few hundred dollars over. The more the better, right? It's all for a good cause. That's what I was telling myself during miles 14, 15, and 16 on Saturday. I just kept going, and going, and going when everything in my body was telling me to stop. The company of the training captains and coaches and teammates helped, but it was also that stubborn number in my head. Sixteen. Sixteen! Sixteen.

This weekend we only have to do thirteen. (ONLY thirteen???? When did that thought formulate?) Next weekend, it's up to eighteen. But one day at a time.

Life's still crazy, but not in such a bad way anymore.

1 comment:

  1. You're such a running superstar. Sixteen miles sounds pretty much impossible--way to go! I hope you've recovered :)

    ReplyDelete