Monday, April 26, 2010

Docs & Salt & Painkillers

I couldn't do my run today, and it was SO frustrating. My legs still hurt too much from Saturday and I was afraid of making them worse before the official Long Island half marathon on Sunday. I officially made an appointment to get it checked out tomorrow so hopefully everything will be ok and I'll be running again soon.

One of the training captains during the run on Saturday gave me a tip about freezing a water bottle and rolling it up and down my legs, and that helps. Also been taking a plethora of painkillers, a nice mix of tylenol and aleve and ibuprofen. Seems like everyone on my team is dealing with some kind of running injury at this point, though.

I can't believe that the half marathon is this Sunday!!! I am so excited for it!!! I really hope it goes well. It's surreal to even think about.

Here's something kind of strange that I didn't know before my marathon training: When you run for hours at a time, the salt from your sweat kind of collects on your face a bit. So after the long runs I'll see this white powderish looking stuff around my eyes. I think some of it got into my eye at the end of the last long run too and it burned like hell.

Mostly I'm just stressed about seeing the doctor tomorrow and excited for the half marathon and trying not to think too much about anything else. In that fashion, the marathon itself is one giant painkiller, some kind of generic store-brand swallowed without water.

No comments:

Post a Comment