Saturday, March 6, 2010

waiting for the light

I was stopped at the corner of Elwood and Jericho, waiting for the light to turn green. My face was wet.

I told myself, "I'm okay. I'm okay."

I tried again. "I will be okay."

The light changed, I had to go. I had to wake up in less than six hours to meet my marathon training team for an hour and a half long run in Sunken Meadow Park. I heard that there will be hills and team photos. I've never run that long without stopping before. I'm not too good with hills, either. But I'm still going to do it. Tomorrow I will do something that I have never done before. I've heard that once you get through the hills, just running a straight path is easy.

Before I get home, I told myself, silently this time, my face will be dry.

I was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment