Thursday, June 3, 2010

crossing.

So this is it. In eight and a half hours, instead of leaving for a morning run, I'll be leaving for the airport to go to San Diego to run a full marathon.

It hasn't really sunk in yet.

It's... crazy. I still have so much packing to do. I'm so exhausted and excited at the same time.

When I signed up for this thing back in January, I was really hoping it would help me find happiness again- or at least contentment. Now it's the eve of the trip and I'm not sure yet how much it has helped... but it's been... something. And this weekend is bound to be amazing, so maybe I'll hold off my consensus until Monday.

On Saturday we had our last coached practice before the marathon. It was only eight miles because we're tapering, but I could feel how much progress I've made- running eight miles like it was nothing- even sprinting for chunks of it. Yet, there is a huge difference between 8 and 26.2. I don't feel completely ready and confident for Sunday, but I do know I will give it EVERYTHING I have. Without a doubt.

I look forward to crossing that finish line.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, good luck! You've got to tell us all about it when you get back, but have just the most amazing, inspiring time. I'll be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete